Why Create An Ecommerce Website Using Ecommerce Platform?
E-commerce is not an easy space to work on. Every day there is a plethora of competition and older players constantly innovate themselves to get better than the existing players. There are a number of basic features that need to be part of every e-commerce website, and so one needs to search for a platform while looking to create a website on ecommerce platform.
The number of ecommerce platforms for different types of businesses and the content management systems have only grown over the past years. And apart from the platform, one has to figure out other features such as payment gateways. Take a look at the areas given below to get some more clarity on ecommerce:
Content Management System (CMS) vs. Managed e-commerce platforms:
An ecommerce website can be built either with the help of a platform such as Twirll, Shopify and BigCommerce, both of which are managed ecommerce platforms, or consider an open source CMS such as Magento and WooCommerce.
The hosted platform is placed on a server and you do not have access to the same. On the other hand, CMS-based websites for which you have to purchase server space (an example being Bluehost). Depending on your level of technical know-how and your specific requirements, you will be choosing one of the two best ecommerce platforms.
Advantages of managed ecommerce platforms
- Great technical support- Online store creators will give you a strong tech support team to troubleshoot any kind of technical issues.
- Less maintenance and development- No coding expertise is required, which means that you do not require a development team. Since the hosting is shared, your cost also goes down.
- Lesser complexity- The back-end of top ecommerce platforms are highly user-friendly and are created with the understanding that their users possess minimum technical knowledge.
Advantages of a CMS
- Maximum customizability- CMSs allow you to modify and add features easily, and also allow you to create a customized design. You will also be able to make improvements easily.
- Good functionality– A barrage of add-ons, themes and plug-ins allow the addition of extra functionalities on CMSs, which is not possible in the case of self-hosted platforms.
- Able to support sophisticated websites and large stores– A CMS does not limit the number of categories or products that can be allowed. This will be of help when you create a website on ecommerce platform.
A large number of companies are running as startups in India, many of which are venturing into the ecommerce space. Here is a look at some of the best ecommerce platforms for startups in the nation:
1) Shopnix- The online store software here has a number of features that have been tested with customers on a real-time basis. It includes shopping cart software, payment gateway, hosting and website.
2) Kartrocket- It is considered as India’s smartest ecommerce platform with gorgeous Store designs, automated shipping and payment gateway integration.
3) Shopify- This online platform allows anyone to start selling online. Its e-store builder has already built in excess of 100,000 successful stores.
4) Frekart- You do not need any technical skills to create this ecommerce platform for startups in India. Inventory management solutions and integrated POS are available to integrate seamlessly with your store.
5) Mart2Web- This is a comprehensive shopping cart software from Sankalp, helping retailers and businesses built and manage their stores.
6) Powerstore- It is a globally recognized platform which allows anyone to come up with a mobile-friendly online store within minutes.
You may find a free ecommerce software platform if you surf the Internet, but it will mostly be limited in terms of features. It is better to look at one of the platforms mentioned above.